Astral Claws Retaliators 2/2


Finally the Astral Claws are finished! But not before the deadline, I'm afraid. I thought I was still in time, but Tale of 8 Gamers actally ended at the end of March instead of April... whoops. Ah well, still glad I finished the Claws for the sake of completion. Now I can safely start a new painting project without having to look at half painted Astral Claws.





So, the last Retaliator is veteran sergeant Negarek. The power axe was great fun to paint. I followed a Advent Calendar tutorial by Games Workshop. I'm very pleased how it came out, it really looks like it's glowing! In case you are wondering why he has a Blood Angel's dagger with him; he got it from a Lamenter; a good friend who's life he once saved :)

Below a pic of everything I assembled and painted for the Tale of 8 Gamers project:


I think I'll be focusing on painting some Age of Sigmar now. Some Death units of Seraphon, who knows! But I've also been eyeballing a particular Astral Claws character, or perhaps some Blood Angels. Ah, it's good to have some freedom again! So, whatever it's going to be, be sure to watch this space!

Comments

  1. They make a really good looking group. Well done for finishing them off, its a trouble I have with little groups of half finished projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good my man. Always good to get them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good my man. Always good to get them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are you doing your photography? I can make out the black cloth but set up generally?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My setup is not that special; I have two identical cheap desk lamps with two Falcon Eyes E27 28W Daylightbulbs ML-28 (they are used for photograpy). The lamps are positioned above the miniatures on both sides. Make sure there is not too much shadow and take some test shots first.

      Delete
  5. Nice work, man - really dig how that turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a huge fan of the Astral Claws colours. Job well done. Look up The Badab Project hosted by Fallen Princes. I recently had my Carcharodons showcased and he'd like to showcase more Badab armies. I have a link at the Roost as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be stopping by his blog. I've seen his project before but I thought he quit!

      Delete
    2. I thought he did too. I fired him an e-mail and he responded. When he showcased my army he mentioned that he would like to showcase more Badab War armies.

      Delete
  7. Really fantastic job on the face.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really great to find another astral claws player/painter in 2016

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts